BIOMEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT
REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRE – BIO MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT
1. Implementation of effective bio medical waste management system & infection control
activities in hospital and medical college campus .
2. Conducting Periodical in house trainings for doctors, post graduate medical students,
interns, medical students, para medical staffs & students.
3. regular monitoring for effective source segrecation practices at ward level and proper
Colour coding ,collection and transportation of collected bio medical wastes .
4. un interrupted supply of biomedical waste management consumables
( colour coded bins,bags ,gloves,registers)
5. proper documentation of waste collection & disposel at wards and hospital
1 One Nodal officer available ( from community medicine dept) for training, implementation
& monitoring of biomedical waste management system in hospital and medical college
2 .periodical hospital campus inspections made by the Dean
3 .ward level monitoring by the concerened ward staff nurses & over all monitoring by
the hospital mattern
4. regular collection and transportation of wastes to common storage area by a sanitary worker
exclusively deputed for this
5. daily waste collection records submitted to RMO daily and also submitted to nodal officer
Categorization of wastes
Following the Bio medical waste management Act Guidelines and TNHSP guidelines